Order - Dispatch - Delivery
Overseas delivery is available, please inquiry about prices before you order.
Deliveries within the European Union will incur no import or export duties. Some international deliveries may be subject to customs, legal and regulatory restrictions. To comply with local legislation, you or the recipient may be required to pay additional taxes, fees, levies, or import duty on Rock 'N' Roll Exhaust Shop UK purchases.
If we have your chosen exhaust in stock, we dispatch it in one working day.
FREQUENTLY OCCURRENT MISTAKES, TIPS AND ADVISES
If you would like to use your exhaust for long time, free from care, then follow a few simple advices. Specially important to follow next few steps apart from the user manual.
- The mufflers are connected to the switch by wires, this operates the mechanism. It’s already pre set, conditioned for its perfect operation.
- Do not fold cables in sharp angle.
- Keep the cables away from heat. Make sure all wires are at least 1cm away from any hot parts (exhaust, manifold, pipes, engine)
- Do not fix the cables tight. Always apply cableties slightly loosen.
- Lubricate the cables at least every two month. Use chain lubricant spray, the best if you spray from the side of the switch. It is crucial to lubricate it after bike wash or a heavy rain.
- The cables are set and adjusted, do not modify them.
- Do not replace the cables. There are very fine parts, it does matter how they are for the mechanism.
- Wires need to be loosen right underneath the switch, have to move freely up and down.
- On touring models you need to lace up the wires before the rear wheel, under the swingarm.
- Do not fix the cables onto the swingarm.
- Do not fix the switch to different place, only to where user manual says.
- The switch has only 2 states, do not modify it. This guarantees the right operation.
- Inspect your system. Your whole system only works fine if in STREET mode the wires are loosen, wobble about 1-2mm. This means the valve inside the muffler can move back to the end state. If the system does not work like that, start getting to clatter and going to damage itself. To avoid failed operation, check all the advises above.
- The mechanism supports by the exhaust gas, that’s why only use it when your engine is running with the operation temperature.
Kern Premium Exhausts are 100% road legal in Street mode with EU type approval certification, in shorter form 'e' mark.
Kern Rock Exhaust exceeds the permissible volume limit. It's noise level around 117dB. Please use at your own responsibility
Concerning conditions of painted exhausts:
There are 12 month guarantee for the paintwork from the date of the purchase. That means during this time it will not peel off, cracked or discolouring. For more info about cleaning, handing, see user manual.
Noise Level Information
|Weakest sound heard||0dB|
|Whisper, Quiet Library at 6 feet||30dB|
|Normal conversation at 3 feet||60-65dB|
|KERN PREMIUM EXHAUST IN STREET MODE||80dB|
|Telephone dial tone||80dB|
|City Traffic (inside car)||85dB|
|Train whistle at 500 feet, Truck traffic||90dB|
|Jackhammer at 50 feet||95dB|
|Subway train at 200 feet||95dB|
|Level at which sustained exposure may result in hearing loss||90-95dB|
|KERN PREMIUM EXHAUST IN SPORT MODE||100dB|
|Power mower at 3 feet||107dB|
|Power saw at 3 feet||110dB|
|KERN ROCK EXHAUST||117dB|
|Sandblasting, loud rock concert||119dB|
|Pneumatic riveter at 4 feet||125dB|
|Even short term exposure can cause permanent damage
Loudest recommended exposure WITH hearing protection
|Jet engine at 100 feet||140dB|
|12 gauge shotgun blast||165dB|
|Death of hearing tissue||180dB|
|Loudest sound possible||194dB|